Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Introducing....Amanda!

We are so excited to introduce to you our very first volunteer youth work--Amanda! She is a great friend of ours and we're so thrilled that she's decided to help out in any way she can with the youth group. We hope you get to know her and love her as much as we do. 

We asked Amanda to tell us all a little bit about herself. 
Here's what she had to say: 


Hey hey all! 

My name is Amanda Carter 

I’ve known Melanie and Kevin for a few years now. 
Our “it’s a small world” story begins at Spring Arbor University in Choir. 
I only was in choir for one semester, but during that semester I sat one seat away from Melanie. I was also only at Spring Arbor for a year, before I found out it wasn’t the place for me and I moved home to Monroe, MI. 
After being home for awhile I was wasting time on Facebook and I found Melanie again. I also noticed that she was employed at Monroe Free Methodist Church. Come to find out we only lived a few miles away. Since then we have kept in contact quite a bit, and more recently God has led me to their young adult group and he has been pushing me to ask Kevin and Melanie if they could use an extra “adult-like figure” (lol) around the teens. So I asked and they said yes! 

So that’s why I’m here now! 

Anyways… I’m a senior in college now, and I attend Siena Heights University through Monroe County Community College. I will graduate in May with my Bachelor’s in psychology. I was not brought up in the church. I became a Christian during my freshman year of high school. I used to work at the Monroe Family YMCA as a summer day camp counselor, but now I am starting to work as a substitute teacher. My plans currently for the future (though God might have different plans) are to work as a college counselor and eventually I would like to teach psychology at the college level. 

I enjoy spending time with my boyfriend of three and half years, Josh. 
I like being thrifty. I love watching many different types of movies. I watch way too much television. My favorite shows are 19 Kids and Counting, Gilmore Girls, and the Office. If I were not heading into a career involving psychology I would probably be an interior decorator/ personal organizer or a make up artist. I love reading magazines. I’m addicted to McDonald’s coke and fries. I am left-handed. 

If you have any questions for me or want to know anything else about me, ask away!

No comments: