It was so good to be back together last night! We missed those of you who couldn't make it. I have a few important items that you are definitely going to want to pay attention to and write down and talk to your parents and make some decisions. :)
1. Bible Quizzing is going to be starting pretty much NOW. Come to Sunday School (9:50am) next Sunday to make sure you're in on all the action. We'll be working on memorizing (and hopefully understanding) First & Second Corinthians.
The commitment of becoming a Bible quizzer (open to anyone in 7th-12th grade) includes:
-weekly quiz team practice (at the church. during Sunday School. every Sunday.)
-a minimum of 15 minutes per day of studying on your own time.
-one Saturday per month at a Bible Quiz (held at another Free Methodist Church in Southern Michigan...leaving around 7am that Saturday and returning around 4-5pm)
If you or your parents are interested in knowing more info either talk to Kevin or myself or check out this website: http://www.fmquizzing.org/
Let us know ASAP if you are definitely up for this challenge and competition!
The following people have said "YES":
Katie, Chris K, and Devon.
I have heard a "maybe" from: Chris F., Brittany F., Megan and Shelby.
2. The FEST is coming up quickly! Join us for a drive to Eastern Ohio (about 3 hours away) on Saturday August 8th. Official departure time to be announced later. We will spend the night hanging out at Melanie's parents' house. Then Sunday is the FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! concert from noon until 8pm. We will then drive home and return to the church around 11pm (or possibly earlier).
It IS free but you will want to bring $10-20 for a meal or two at fast food as well as any band merchandise you might want to buy!
Again, I need to hear from you ASAP if you're coming for sure. I know Chris K, John, Katie, Megan and Devon are definitely coming. If I'm wrong about that list let me know and if you want your name on that "for sure" list let me know!
3. The day after the Fest begins Vacation Bible School:: Crocodile Dock at Monroe FMC. August 10-14 from 6-8:30pm every night!
We need YOUR help (leading groups of kids, helping with games, helping with snacks, helping with music, etc, etc, etc.) and we want YOU to bring lots of kids (ages 4 through grade 6) to come to attend this FREE VBS!
Come to church next Sunday (at 9:45 for Quizzing practice) and stay after church for a really quick meeting about working at VBS!
4. Nevercast is coming to Monroe FMC! August 21st they are putting on a great concert for us and every single one of our friends! The concert tickets cost $5 in advance and $10 at the door and ALL of the money earned will go directly into our Jamaica Missions Trip fundraising pot!
So INVITE EVERYONE!!!!!
Ask Chris Kaufman for more information!
5. this message is for GIRLS ONLY: (don't worry, guys, you will get your chance too!)
I would love to plan a girls only overnight some time soon. I'm wanting to know what night would be best for you! Before school starts, after school starts?
You can come spend the evening with each other and with Melanie doing things girls do best. :D I plan on finding some great dvds that will give us some great time to discuss issues that you are dealing with in real life and don't worry there will be plenty of laughs, fun games and movies, and tons of good sleepover food!