We hope you all had as much fun at our "pizza & movie night" as we did! Don't worry, we'll definitely have to do that again. and again. and again. :D
Kevin & I have mentioned this to a few of you, but we wanted to officially announce the start of a new portion of SpiritFire. Beginning January 7th, we will be holding small groups every Wednesday night at 7:00pm.
- "Why?", you ask? Well, we think there is a great deal of discussion that needs to happen in a "girls only" or "guys only" environment. You know, it's just easier to talk freely and honestly when there aren't people of the opposite gender sitting there making you feel awkward. (I think you probably understand...) So yeah...the girls will hang out with me for one hour while the guys chill with Kevin for one hour.
- What's the point? GROWTH! We want to be there for you as you experience growth--whether in your spiritual life or not. Whether or not we have "been there" or done every thing you're wondering about, we do have lots of junior high, high school, and college life experiences that will help US help YOU.
- This hour (from 7-8pm) every Wednesday night will be super casual. There will be plenty of time to share about the ups and downs of your week, time to ask crazy or embarrassing questions, time to pray, time to play, and time to talk. (I can't speak specifically for the guys time, but the general idea is the same.)
- What to bring?
- your friends.
- the mindset that everything we will talk about is completely confidential.
- your questions (about Scripture, about love, about life)
- YOUR ideas! The small group is to be run BY you and FOR you. This is not Melanie or Kevin's time to talk to you sleep. We are there to help guide you and answer your questions and show you how to find your way in this crazy teenage Christian life.
SO, once again. Wednesday night, January 7th at 7:00pm. Small group time. At the parsonage. Guys in one area with Kevin. Girls in a completely different spot with me. Be THERE! I can't wait!