1. To those who were at youth group this past Sunday night, thank you for your participation and your attention and we discussed the necessity of praying for our friends to be changed by Jesus Christ. As the weeks go by, we will continue encouraging one another through stories of success and failure as we learn how to share the Gospel message of Jesus through our conversations or reactions and our deeds. We will work hard to fully understand the message of the Gospel and then take that understanding to the next level--being able to carry on conversations and debates with friends (specifically un-saved). We will also focus on memorizing the ways that God has personally changed your lives--the testimony of the work God does can not be refuted.
Pray for your friends.
Pray for your personal passion for your friends and your deepening relationship with God.
2. I will have a summer schedule posted soon, but in case you haven't heard we are planning Sunday Evening Sports for the summer months. Every Sunday evening during the summer, we will meet at 5:30pm for a time in small groups and then from 6-7:30 we will head out to the field for activities such as softball, ultimate frisbee, soccer, and more! This is a great opportunity to invite your friends--whether they already know Jesus or not--because sporting events are a very un-threatening environment where we can all hang out and get to know each other (and maybe have the opportunity to share about God's love while waiting in the batting lineup).
Stay tuned for more information!!
3. Mark your Calendar: There will be NO SpiritFire on the evenings of:
Mother's Day May 10th
Memorial Day weekend May 24th
Father's Day June 21st
Family Camp @ SBC July 12th (and possibly July 19th as well)
4. Sponsor a Child: I would like each of you to be in prayer and careful consideration to decide if you would like to contribute money monthly to help sponser a child around the world. Whether it's $2 a month or $15 a month, you will be committing to donate this money faithfully--knowing that a child's life depends on that money! Are you willing to sacrifice a few extra bottles of pop or a trip to McDonald's or that awesome new bathsuit or that must-have new video game???? Come prepared next week to commit to a monthly donation to sponser a child.
Jesus calls us to give of our money cheerfully and to care for and support the widows and orphans of this world.
5. Snack next Sunday (April 26th): Thanks Chris Kaufman (and Pam!) for offering to supply us with a snack for next week!