1. Thanks to all of you who made it out for the Thanksgiving Service Sunday night. I hope you were all encouraged by the meeting of churches and reminded of the true reason we pig out on Thursday! =)
2. Take Pastor Dale's challenge: prayer each day this week without asking for anything but only thanking God (for your life, for the day, for the people in your world, for forgiveness, etc)
3. REMINDER: NO Spirit Fire this Sunday November 30th. Happy Thanksgiving!
4. Keep in mind I will still be asking you about Ephesians 2:8-9. Anyone memorized it yet?
5. "The Christmas Shoes" skit:::Sunday December 7th at the 11am church service. We will need to rehearse and here's what I'm proposing:
Friday night party @ the parsonage! December 5th @ 7pm. We'll have food, tons of board games, video games, movies, dish t.v., and more! At some point we'll run over to the church to practice our skit and then run back to just hang out together! You can leave whenever you need to but we'll ask everyone to be picked up by 10pm.
6. SBC Winter Retreat registration due to ME by December 4th. Please include @ least $25 toward the total $69 cost. (hint: ask your parents or grandparents or good friends or aunts and uncles if you need to raise the money.)
7. Oh, and one more thing! the Never-Ending Bake Sale:::
I have decided to start a sort of baking business where I take orders for things like cookies, cakes, breads, and pies and the money I make will go toward the youth group fund to help us get to retreats and conferences and more!
So....TELL YOUR PARENTS. Does someone in your family have a sweet tooth? Do they need extra baking done for a holiday party? Do they want to support the youth ministry? Call Melanie @ 734.384.0839 and place an order (at least a week in advance.)